An over 100 years history of Piombino plant
In 1865 it was constructed the first metallurgical plant in Piombino "Officine Perseveranza", equipped with the first Bessemer converter in Italy.
In 1908 the largest industrial complex already represented the first Italian plant at full cycle for steel making.
Since the beginning, Piombino plant (formerly Lucchini) has remained committed to the steelmaking and has overcome many challenges in Both processing and new market developments.
In the Seventies and Eighties, Piombino plant had widened its product range, investing in R&D sector and developing its internationalization processes.
In 2015 the Algerian Cevital Group acquired Piombino Plant.
Source images: Lucchini archive.
Cevital Group is a family group built on a history, a career and values that made its success and reputation. Created with private capitals, it is the first Algerian private company to have invested in various activity sectors (food, automotive, industry and distribution).